Interserve Support Services
From: July 2016 to December 2017
Initially recruited to take charge of a failing mobilisation project that nobody wanted. After successfully completing the project, I was extended to head up an internal Azure transformation project and then extended again to work within another division to PM a discovery piece for a data centre migration, from ‘on-prem’ to cloud.
July 2016 to February 2017 – USVF Mobilisation
- Successfully Project Managed multiple work streams of a £multimillion IT Mobilisation for DIO and the US Visiting Forces across 8 remote, secure sites and the SCC Sentinel Platform.
- Took control of a failing project well into the timeline.
- Instigated late, yet initial contact with the field operations teams directly effected by the mobilisation.
- Worked with the Networks team to liaise with BT on the WAN side and internally on the LAN & WiFi side, leading all teams and stakeholders to align and coordinate.
- Led the liaison with SCC to agree and configure the VPNs into Sentinel.
- Led the purchasing, configuration, encryption and distribution of all Laptops & Phones in time for Go Live.
- Took the lead in creating, planning and triggering a Plan B fallback WAN over 4G.
February 2017 to July 2017 – Azure Transformation
- Extended in contract to manage a cloud transformation project within an InfoSec Programme. Managing the conceptual design, budgeting, resourcing and supplier engagement.
- Sourced, engaged and qualified Bids by 3rd party providers for Azure transformation.
- Liaised with internal Development Team, BAs & Architects to scope requirements for Transformation.
- Engaged with InfoSec Programme Manager via daily SCRUMs to coordinate sprints with other PMs within the Programme who were sharing resources.
- Liaised with other Programme Managers to avoid duplicated work and make most of overlaps.
September 2017 to December 2017 – Data Centre Migration
- Contracted to PM the Discovery Phase & Costings for a Data Centre Migration & App Rationalisation.
- Worked with Business Analyst and Solutions Architect to scope requirements of migration.
- Liaised with 3rd Party Providers to scope costs for cloud adoption.
- Liaised with Developers to scope and plan timeline for rationalisation and migration of Apps.
- Created initial Project Plan, SoW and Migration plan in order to secure budget allocation.